View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Suffolk Punch
Connoisseur
Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS T1, Kindle 4 NT, Kobo Touch, Kobo Clara HD
Problem displaying itilde?

I've had a little difficulty getting the Sony PRS-650 with the Times font family to correctly display the itilde character (ĩ) - it substitues a '?' instead.

However the Calibre reader does display it correctly, by the using the HTML tag
Quote:
<span><span class="calibre31">ĩ</span></span>
and the CSS style
Quote:
.calibre31 {
font-family: Charis
}
So rather than try to get a copy of the Charis font and put it on the 650, I tried replacing
Quote:
<span><span class="calibre31">ĩ</span></span>
by
Quote:
&itilde;
But that doesn't work! Neither the calibre reader nor HTML groks '&itilde;', but they do grok '&atilde;'! So I tried using the numeric value for ĩ (which is & 297; but without the space between the & and 2) rather than '&itilde;' after some googling. And that works everywhere (PRS650, Calibre reader, HTML).

So my question is: why is ĩ recognised but '&itilde;' isn't?
Suffolk Punch is offline   Reply With Quote