View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #108
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I'm actually a huge fan of the Kindle as I said loudly and clearly right here when it first came out; I think it's a terrific device, and I think Jeff Bezos has done a lot to bring pricing sensibility to the ebook market, to boot.

I simply objected to the truth/myth statement that didn't provide the FULL truth. If you want to take full advantage of a Kindle for reading new commercial books by major authors, you pretty much have to do business with the Amazon store (and I have nothing at all against that fact; I buy almost all my paper books from Amazon, and have met and very much like Jeff Bezos); I just couldn't see any reason why someone would want to obscure that fact in a thread clearly aimed at potential Kindle buyers.

Robert J. Sawyer
Science Fiction Writer
http://sfwriter.com
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote