View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #63
Meriak
Meriak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nate,

If I understand correctly you ordered your wifi nook today and it already shipped? Or is your 'shipping today' coming from the automatic estimated shipping date email?

I'm a Canadian that ordered on the 21st, so I would like to know if the delay email really a lie like you're saying in your blog post.

It would also be interesting to know if B&N have a queueing or 'first come first served' system, since people both in this thread and on the B&N forums (link) are reporting delay emails despite ordering before persons that are already receiving their nook. Poster 'LordDon' claims he ordered one early the 21st, yet he received the delay email and he is obviously american since he said he would cancel his order and buy it in a store.

Someone in that thread also wrote that a CS person from B&N said that the 23/7 new date is because their rescheduling system automatically adds 1 month when they fail to ship on time and that they will often ship sooner than the new date. Another person wrote that the CS rep he contacted said he would get it next week even if he got an email. If this is true then they might not be out of stock yet but simply couldn't ship them all on time (or complaining bumps you up the list or making them notice you're American cancels your delay).
Meriak is offline   Reply With Quote