View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #11
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, Alex, my impression was it looked like a library, and indicated spaciousness (like traveling light by not carrying a bunch of books).

But now that you've pointed that out, I think it ruined the ad for me - as you said, something does seem to not quite fit.

For one, normally there is so much talking and phone calling going on at the terminal that it can even be hard for me to watch a video with earphones while I wait. Most of my reading is on the plane itself.

For another thing, like you pointed out, it gives me the feel like it's a future tech device that nobody wants to try. It would be nice if there were people waiting, maybe even struggling to hold their book and luggage, and away from the main crowd was a cool dude and his wife traveling light, reading comfortably in peace, each with a Sony Reader. That effect would be great if it ever goes to a TV commercial - with video you could pan from the craziness and crowding of the area with regular book readers away to the calm in-control peace where the Reader readers are. You could even show someone trying to read or watch a video on a laptop, sitting on the floor awkwardly because they had to plug in their laptop!

Hmmm... and I thought the ad was really nice when I first saw it because it was so reflective of a library and the spacious clean feeling that having a Reader instead of paper books provides.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote