View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #185
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Yes, I have to say Amazon Kindle Support and Andrew are really going above and beyond for me. Cheers to them for such great support.

I was pretty disappointed when I noticed the glowing specks. The only positive is they are in the white area when I'm reading so they don't interfere with the text, but I do notice them when I turn a page as they flash. Still, obviously, I'd rather they not be there at all. Andrew asked me to take a pic and email to him so I did that and he called back and send they wanted to send me another one.

They sent it 1 day mail, I'll have it tomorrow. The hues I expect to be there, but I'm hoping for no glowing specks. I told Andrew I believe they all suffer from the hues to varying degrees. However, the screen on this last one is definitely better, whiter and the hues are very faint and most of the time I don't notice them, so hopefully the screen on this next one will be just as good.

That's how I find them all to be, Yolina. The hues really only show up once you have the brightness up at the higher settings. If you use the PW at lower light settings, you probably won't notice them. I'm sorry you're disappointed, I know how you feel.
Good luck hon! I know on my PW you turn it on the highest setting and there is no hues so they are out there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote