View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by manxam View Post
Here's the small debug log. Sent 8 random sci-fi books. Failed at sending the 6th. While the 6th book according to Calibre companion and Calibre actually did sync, there are only 5 books in the books folder (using file explorer) but there are 6 covers in Calibre Companion.
Ahhh! That explains a lot. The app didn't actually disconnect.

From what I can tell from the log and from googling around, MacOS has a networking bug where during sending a large amount of data it will occasionally report a "lack of resources" error instead of simply waiting to send the information. This is never supposed to happen, so I didn't account for the possibility. As far as I can tell it never does happen on windows or linux, and I don't have a Mac. Sigh...

I can work around the problem by changing how calibre writes to the network. Unfortunately that fix won't be available until Friday's calibre release.

Good ... your next post (#16) helps confirm the hypothesis. The faster wifi will return resources to the pool faster.

Last edited by chaley; 08-13-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Try to clear up the back references
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote