View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by devseev View Post
This "review" is even more ridiculous than Engadget's...

"the surprising omission of an Ethernet port means the eDGe can only get internet connectivity via Wi-Fi." -- It seems they didn't realize the Edge can get ethernet over USB. At least there is an eithernet-to-usb connector sold as an EDGE accessory, although I don't recall seeing user reviews of how well it works.
Considering the iPad's lapse with a dedicated USB port and making people pay $29 extra to make a USB connection possible with the adapter that's part of a camera kit, it's nice to see one on a serious device :-)

It'll be interesting to see how effective that ethernet to USB willl be. It should work fine if it works at all.

On my small Samsung netbook I have 3 USB ports and a dedicated Ethernet cable input. But it doesn't have two different interacting screens :-)
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote