View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #36
GeekyGirl
GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 16 GB
I'm posting this in response to Tomsem's post:

"Keep in mind that every Kindle has an associated @kindle.com email address. Using this (or the various Send To Kindle apps and a browser extension that can send web pages), you can send 'personal documents' to the Kindle (doc, txt, rtf, and pdf with or without conversion to mobi), and there is 5GB of free storage for these. These will then sync and backup annotations just as with stuff you purchase from Amazon."

I've been a Nook reader for four years but just bought a Paperwhite and love it. If it had a microSD slot it would become my only ereading device. So I've been wondering about side loading via USB cable using Calibre verses emailing to the Paperwhite. I'm a writer and so I do a lot of highlighting/annotation. I know that if I email the book to the device I will have access to all my highlighting/annotation via the link at Amazon.com, but my question to you is, if I sideload via USB/Calibre, will it save the highlight/annotations online as well? It seems that Amazon treats them almost as an "overlay" such that even when the book is removed from the device, the highlights/annotations are still there online.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote