View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #413
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
OTOH, the widows and orphans thing would have to be fixed then, which may explain a lot about why the bar is there... call me a realist.
No, it just means the size of the area being written to changes. If they get the sizing write, it won't mean any other changes.

As to widows and orphans, from what I can see they work correctly. I have played with the settings a bit and any time there is a gap at the bottom, I can count lines in the paragraphs and it agrees with the widows and orphans settings. If there is a problem, it is in exactly how much space the algorithm thinks is needed. It is a little pessimistic about the space left on the screen and the space needed for the paragraph and pushes text to the next screen a little early. But, it looks like it is out by no more than the height of a line.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote