View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The only thing I CAN'T obviously do with an e-reader is remember WHERE I read something if I need to look for it. In a book, I could say something like: "I read it over here, somewhere", and then open the book at around 25% or so. When using an e-reader, I'd have to take a look at the page number (seeing 472), and then jump to "page" 120, and after that, start flipping back and forth.
This is particularly true with pbooks, in my experience. I've frequently been able to remember not only what I've read but where on the pages the passage is located.

That's obviously not there with ebooks, but with Amazon's MyClippings file all I need do is highlight the passage. I can keep up with many more passages this way than with pbooks especially with an aging brain.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote