View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #977
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDwarf72 View Post
I'm just thinking, as I have a laptop hosting PCLinuxOS. Wouldn't be simpler to do the whole debricking in Linux? I have to admit that I'm pretty illiterate in Linux and I'm half way through the debricking process on my Win7 already. I'm stuck in diags as stated in my post above. I'm going to post some screen shots later to be better understood.

Also, as I already flashed diags partition and diags and main kernel. Do I need to flash them again or can I skip this and pick up where I've dropped?
You're actually at least 80% through, so it doesn't really make sense to switch to Linux now. All that you have left to figure out is how to statically assign the IP address to the network adapter. Just systematically go through all of the tabs and "Advanced..." buttons, and you'll find it.

About your second question: think about it. You've already flashed (written) the required kernels and partitions, and nothing overwrote them since then. Why would you have to write them again?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote