View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
How many book details should one list on their website?

Hi all, I'm BAAAAAAAACK! Sorry for the AWOL again, but it's been a choice between work (ie, earning money to pay bills) and writing this year, and work has sadly won out with a vengeance. But anyways, that aside, now that I've got freetime again I'm working on a new version of my website and I'm wondering something. When listing a book you intend to sell through your website (or if you're simply pointing them to another site) what's the minimum amount of information you want to list about the book? I need just enough to wet their appetite and give them some crucial starting information, but no more. I currently list all of the core stats, but I'm thinking I don't need that much stuff. (of course, I could be wrong, hence why I'm asking.)

Here's what I'm thinking of listing for the stats: ISBN (13 only, no 10), Price and Genre. IE, just the core stats, along with the teaser, and leave the rest for the individual book sites to handle since they have the full exhaustive list of stats for the book itself. Since my site will only be a jumping off point, I'm trying to keep the details to a minimum, ie. information lite, as it's there for general reference only. So what do you guys think? Am I going too lean on information, or would that be just right? I'm also putting reader quotes on the site as a sales tactic (ie, a snippet from a reader review) to help draw them in. Sorta like the big boys do with books, movies, etc to draw people in.

So, what's your thoughts guys?
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote