View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #44
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Hi, I am also currently trying out your readerapp, and I have a couple of questions.

When I use the explorer to navigate to a folder containing some files, I don't see the txt or html files, which I use for some texts. Yet when I go to the library, some txt and html files are there, and I am able to open them. When it comes to styling, there is absolutely none for txt. Reducing the default font size for epub will automatically change font size for txt and html, making the font too small and barely readable. Can these be handled separately? I know it's possible to apply styles to txt because CoolReader does it, and I would prefer having one app to read most files than a separate app for every file format.

I agree with ghostyjack that having a list of books is not very helpful, and that it would be good if the books can be organized in some way, especially series. Re: tags, I see I can create a tag and apply it to a book, but is it possible to select several books and apply a tag to all of them? I was unable to find anything about that in the user manual. (In fact, is it possible to edit metadata directly in the app instead of in an outside application?)

Re: paging, I noticed that there is a kind of a "click" sound when I use volume buttons to go forward and backwards; is there a way to turn this behavior off? Also, I can go forward by tapping the right side of the screen but tapping the left to go back only brings up the settings. Is it possible to address this issue?

This seems like a fine reader, and I like the way it handles pdf. While I do prefer a single app for multiple formats, I wasn't very satisfied with the way pdfs are handled in other apps. I like the note, annotation and highlighting options, and am interested in finding out more about text to speech. I have the next 7 days to try it out. I will post in this thread again if I have any more questions.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote