View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
still have Synch problem after Data Execution [DEP] change applied

I too seem to have the same/slightly different synch problem as others describe here. I hope folks can can suggest a fix.
My setup:

Windows XP Sp3
Sony Reader Library V3.1.00.1240
PRS 500 [just upgraded] V 20,00.09180 [just upgraded by Sony]
Data Execution [DEP] fix applied [DEP turned on for all except Sony reader executable].

When I try to move a book from the Library to the PRS 500. I get the Sync "waiting" response & it doesn't complete. The Sync ICON continues to rotate.
Sometimes I can transfer at .lrf from Library to PRS 500 Reader, but not routinely. Even when I can transfer at .LRF document the Sync wheel continues to rotate and "waiting" is displayed when I click on Sync label [the wheel]

I have been unable to transfer a .pdf document from the Library to the reader even though the PDF file is not protected. I CAN read the pdf using the Sony Reader Library application.

Also when I click on the Synch label it displays the Library tree with the Books label checked and also Books daughters checked. BUT I cannot check "LIBRARY" or uncheck and boxes. The Button to sync under the big Reader picture is always grayed out.

Anyone who has a suggestion how I can fix things please share it,even if you are not certain it will work for me.
Also if you have a link to download a previous version of the Sony Reader Library software that hasn't had the sync problem please share that with me.

FYI I am trying to transfer a .pdf to the 500 to see how the upgrade software now "reflows" the PDF document.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote