View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #25
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AThirstyMind View Post
Not an ocean of font declarations... but I do have the ones that Amazon uses... Georgia, Palatino, etc. about 7... should I take all the font declarations out all together? I wonder why this problem happened with KindlePreviewer/Kindlegen but not with MobiPocketCreator? I could always reach device fonts with that.

I'll take out all the fonts within the styles and let you know how that works.
Well, for one thing, mobipocket creator never used your stylesheets. Mobi7 (aka Mobi6) doesn't have stylesheets; MBPC simply took whatever styling information it could use and "interpreted" it into HTML tags, nothing more. KindleGen is a completely different animal, and does use Stylesheets.

Unless you've embedded the font files themselves, there's no reason to "call" the font files--in your CSS, where are you indicating that the font files are located? When you put src:url...what are you listing for that, I wonder? And in using MBPC, what "fonts" were you reaching? Mobi 7 (or Mobi 6, whatever) had Caecilia, that's it, for proportional fonts; Courier for non. What fonts do you think you were reaching, and on what devices? And how?

Am I having this discussion on two completely different forums? It seems as though I'm explaining the Olden Mobipocket Creator differences (from KG/KP) in two places...?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote