View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Okay, one is attached. It's from the Baen Free Library, so there should be no problem with my attaching it here.

This is one that failed to convert, with an error msg that I just lost. (!!)

I am having better luck right now on my laptop. The Calibre installation is identical on it and on my desktop, but I copied the folders of books from desktop to my laptop and it's allowing me to add the books to the library there. (Usually with the metadata messed up. But now it's allowing me to edit the data.)

I wonder if there's something about the folder attributes on my desktop computer that's affecting my ability to add books to Calibre.
Hmm I suspect an antivirus/malware program. That prc file certainly added perfectly to my installation of calibre (with the correct metadata as well)

Title: Telzey and Trigger
Author: James H. Schmitz
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote