View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #459
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Oh my... thanks for the detailed report. I'll go into detail about each of the messages below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack5959 View Post
Good evening. I said bottom button (near the USB socket) ....
I looked at the forum and saw that some thought that the collections of over 100 ebooks make problems. I had collections > 200. I've upgraded my collections (on my computer, in Calibre) for going under 100. Currently, on the K5, I have created 15 collections. 1 is empty. Many many books are out of collections.
I don't know about such a limit. I think I've seen success reports for several thousand books.... Anyway: If you put a lot of books on the kindle at the same time, it will be indexing them for a long time (possibly for days!). Indexing is very CPU intensive, and may be the cause of some of the errors below.
Quote:
I find the crash log:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.ui.EntriesPanel.mouse Released(Unknown Source)
--- snip ---
That is not an expected message, but it shouldn't harm. Anyway, it shouldn't occur in 2.3.4 anymore.

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
a large number of lines like: [31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Heap memory is low: 18% is free. (with percent number ~all different)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:18] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is long73848 KB
That is - unfortunately - normal, and is due to the limited RAM on the Kindle. It shouldn't matter.

Quote:
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:33] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
User interface call took longer than 5000ms.
some lines like [31/03/12 19:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
The application is frozen because an event on the event dispatch thread is hung.
some lines like [31/03/12 19:03] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Task exceeded maximum duration of 5000 MILLISECONDS
some lines like [31/03/12 19:05] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
User interface call took longer than 5000ms.
These are the lines which correspond to "the application could not be started" messages. There is nothing I can do about them. They are caused by the Kindle being extremely busy with other stuff (like indexing hundreds of books), and not having enough CPU power to even *start* the App. You would get the same message for every other .azw2 app, I assume. The only thing you can do is wait until the Kindle isn't busy with other stuff.

Quote:
some lines like [01/04/12 16:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.WorkingSearch Cache.init(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.Catalog$1.run (Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
I cut , I cut and hope this post is not too long ...So doctor?
And this one is completely unexpected, too. The only explanation I have is that you have corrupt books, which do not have a title... Anyway, this one should also be fixed in version 2.3.4 (download in first post).

So... that's essentially all I know. Try version 2.3.4. If it times out on start, your Kindle is too busy (probably indexing). Either delete books, or wait. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote