View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If you type "fastboot" with no parameters, it displays usage information, including the flash partition names:

kernel = primary kernel
diags_kernel = diags kernel
Seeing this thread made me suspicious of my KT too. I've been usbnet-ing to it just with WiFi (no cable) last week and the charge just lasted 5 1/2 days. See here:

Code:
Kindle Touch test of battery life for {more-than-normal} wifi usbnet use (no usb cable attached):
Start with 100%: August 14, 2012
End with 10% August 19, 2012
Is it normal? Well, I know it's not a good question as it depends on how much Kindle's been used, but just wanted to ask to reassure.

I don't remember if I flashed it the right way or not, but when I check the version of kernel in main and diags, they are both:
Code:
Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Tue Jul 17 16:55:47 PDT 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
My suspicion is if my kernel_diags and my diags partition do match?!

P.S. I used mmcblk0p2_ssh but not sure which one from http://pastebin.com/Wdw4L7yT.
P.S.S. Obviously my main is working + I can go to my diags and SSH there too, so no problem in terms of functionality... I'm just asking for battery issues (if it matters at all!)

@geekmaster: how can an unmatching kernel and image affect battery use?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote