View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #176
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
From what I can tell, matching the page number of a print edition to a position in a Kindle e-book file is a mysterious process that can only be accomplished by Amazon, if and only if it has access to both the e-book (mobi+) and the print version (via create space?). Now, Adobe has a straightforward and published way to do this via a mapping file inserted into the epub, but said file will not (as I understand it) translate to Amazon mapping of the Mobi file.

In other words, if you want to do this with a Kindle book, give Amazon both the mobi format and the print book (as PDF?) in create space, and let them do it. Otherwise, you may be SOL.

This is NOT the final word on the subject, but just what I have heard.

YMMV.

Albert
(Corrections to the above are most welcome!)
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote