View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #23413
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Now I've been happy lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5iHgcPnHA )

Good morning, everyone! Happy 2nd Month! Could we please change the spelling though? Make it 'FebUary?' Think how many more children would pass spelling tests.

Tea this morning is Ahmad's "English Breakfast" blend, to wet down the tortillas, frijoles, and fried polenta. English tea, Mexican food, eaten in a Japanese house, by an American. How International is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
That is a pity. That was/is my argument to stop her drinking liters of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Hmmm, no, I need something serious. Saving money is not one of her priorities....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Alternatively, if there are no good arguments to make, perhaps it isn't bad for her?
You can always do what my father (an Oral Surgeon) did to disuade my brother and me from drinking carbonated soft drinks;
Fill a large glass with ANY carbonated, 'flavored' soft drink (other than club soda or tonic water.) Drop in a rusty nail and let it sit for a couple of weeks, letting your daughter see it 'before' and 'after.' I guarantee you this will slow her down... The heavily sugared drinks do even more damage. We used to use Coca Cola to remove rust from chrome bike parts!

One more mug of tea, then it's off for a long walk. I've been getting to sedentary lately!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote