View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
afaik itunes can't auto update like that. but i don't think PadSync will do that either, unless you alter the copy in the Library directory and it will detect an modified timestamp and update the copy on the iPad.
Hmmness... I interpreted this blurb from the features section of the developer's page to mean that it did just that:

"With PadSync, files are always up-to-date and accessible on both devices. Any changes you make are automatically synchronized the next time you connect your iPad to your Mac. You'll never need to manually manage files."

Quote:
I can probably test this out if you want me to, or you could try it with the demo copy..
That would be much appreciated if you don't mind! If you don't have time or would rather not, I will take your advice and go snag the trial copy. Thanks!

Quote:
another use for it, keeping 2 devices in sync with the mac. since it auto syncs the files you could have it pull down changes from one device and push the updated file to the other device. itunes can't do that without any manual work.
There's some value there, thanks!

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote