View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Um... thanks for pointing out this application crutledge, but what does this have to do with Sigil one day embedding a scripting language?

That application can be used to insert snippets, but an embedded scripting language could offer much more. I'm asking how do people feel about that feature, and what language would they like to see embedded.
I would vote for JavaScript, not that I like it, but working with c# all day long wont' have problem switching, so I would imagine Java or c++ programmers.
Basic sounds good, but it's just more typing and non case sensitive - dubious advantage.
If I had to learn new scripting or scripting like language I would vote for ruby. Had a very tough time learning lua.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote