View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's an OK reader. The backlight is nice in low light level conditions, although it's a little uneven. At £49 it probably is worth the extra £20 quid over the non-lit model.

But I think that people must be prepared for the possibility of losing support rather more quickly than if they (say) bought a Kindle.
I spend almost 45 EUROs for the NST-nolight including shipping (Had to get it from ebay as the stores had no stock). Even at that price that felt like a real steal. This is my first ereader, and I am an avid reader. So, with excellent battery and a solid body, this was one of the best spend money. No issues whatsoever.

So for me at least, price diff. is less than £10, which considering the benefits of the light, is completely justified.

A kindle sells at £109 currently, you could buy 2 glowlights with that kind of money and still keep £10 for a movie or dinner. There might be some users who are willing to shell out that much money for a closed platform, but for me, I would rather have 2 glowlights.
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote