View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
vans
Zealot
vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Elonix 621eb, Asus Transformer, Sony PRS505
eBooks couse the end of "Super Thursday" - BBC

Yesterday I listened to a short piece on BBC Radio 4.

Apparently, in the UK book trade yesterday is called "Super Thursday". As I understand it, his Thursday each year, publishers release the new books that they think will top the best seller charts over Christmas. So we were told that yesterday a lot of new titles were delivered to booksellers.

However, it seems that for ebooks sales the busiest days of the year are Christmas and Boxing Day.

As the market share of ebooks grows the need for massive pre Christmas advertising will lessen (or so it was predicted), so there will no longer be the pressure to release books in October.

I assume all this will mean is that the advertising will just be delayed until closer to Christmas.
vans is offline   Reply With Quote