View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobin007007 View Post
Does anybody own a Hanlin V2? Please write a review of it and tell me how good or bad it is?

Couldnt find any reviews online at all? Looks like its being sold. But no reviews anywhere on the internet.
You should have dropped me a line :P

Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=19

A few paragraphs that I sent to someone interested in buying a V2....
Quote:
As for build quality - it's fairly solid. My g/f's V6 (which uses exactly the same case as the V2) is still as good as new i.e. buttons still go clicky click and all :P after approx. a year of use. It DOES feel a bit plasticky, but for the price, I'm not going to complain.
Quote:
I'm not sure why Jinke's more eager to market the V3 to english-speaking people - I think the touchscreen's great. I'll have to say the software is a bit "hmmm" - as I mentioned in my post above. Lot of blatant english errors, and general quirkiness. It's a shame if you ask me, as the hardware's great.
(Regarding the built-in dictionary)
Quote:
Quote:
the v2 has the little mini-touchscreen right? can you select words from a book and then look them up in a dictionary? can you search a book for quotes?
Haha, I have _no_ idea :P
I do know that there apparently is a lookup feature, but haven't the faintest idea how to make it work :P

I think I need a dictionary installed, but have no idea what format the dictionary's supposed to be in, or anything. No "Search" feature AFAICT.
By the way, I was reading a CHM textbook this past week, and I have to say it's _great_! So great that I'm almost tempted to make a video demo-ing how it works.

Basically, links in the CHM file works - I can select a link & jump to that page. In the LCD touchpanel, you can bring up the ToC, and scroll through it, searching for the chapter you want. Double-tap on the heading you want, & the V2'll jump to that chapter.

It's so baffling - there are lot of irksome quirks due to the weak programming that the Hanlins in general seem to suffer from, yet they nailed the CHM support right bang on!

Anyway, any further q's - feel free to ask
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote