View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Good to hear that you are continuing my work :-) It's always a good idea to modify the DR800's code to enable "page flow" and "full screen" since its UDS already has the feature.

So you try to figure out the IPC message to send to UDS to enable "full screen"? I am not sure if that will work. My understanding is that this communication between UDS and Popupmenu is registered through callback function. The UDS should register the function to certain popupmenu item.

I could be wrong, this is just my understanding. Maybe we can de-assemble the UDS code and going through the assembly code?
By now I'm cleaning the code and adding simple bits here and there. I'll post once I finish and draw some icons.

This version will also need UDS binary from DR1000. It's a pity, because that means we won't be able to distribute the complete package, each user would need to get uds binaries by himself.

Regarding "fullscreen" message, as we can see from popupmenu's menustore.c (lines 126-141) there are a group and action labels (pmenu and imenu as are called on the sources). I suppose imenu is "mode_full_screen" but can't find out the group.

I've done a "strings uds" (a poor's man de-assembling) and tried many combinations of the strings found there. No luck. 5 hours of test after test, but no luck.

Gertjan, are you here, please?

Iņigo

PS: btw, have you tested my "ctb" version? It adds some cool features from DR1000 to the DR800. It doesn't need DR1000 uds.
Download from "Patch for DR1000 firmware" thread, message # 13: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=13

My plan is to create a 2 different dr800+ packages:
1. with improved ctb (no uds nor popupmenu)
2. improved ctb, popupmenu, uds. In this case it requires DR1000's uds binary
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote