View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #79
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Can't sleep. Correction to last post.

Since I can't sleep, I took another look at the CSS I posted last. I noticed some errors. For the drop caps CSS, I had:

Code:
margin: -.1em;
It should have been:

Code:
margin-left: -.1em;
Also, I found that adding the following moves the drop cap down in IE 8, while not affecting FF 3.6 at all. This makes the two look almost the same.

Code:
line-height: 50%;
The line-height needed will vary, depending on the size of the drop cap. 50% works well with:

Code:
font-size: 3.5em;
It's a shame to hear that this method doesn't work in ADE. I hadn't tried this in an epub yet, myself. We can only hope that ADE and other epub readers will improve until they fully support what epub is capable of.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote