View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetotree View Post
Why is it that a book is not available universally? I would think the publisher would want to sell as many books as possible.
I'm sure the publisher would love to sell as many as possible, but the way authors/agents sell books is by contracting rights for a specific region and from what I've read very few have been willing to sell the ebook rights as global since most publishers expect ebook rights as part of a pbook rights contract. Hopefully that will change as ebooks become more and more prevalent. Ironically there wasn't much of a problem until ebooks started gaining popularity and non-US publishers started exercising their rights and putting out their own ebook editions, before that the restrictions were seldom enforced. IMO geo restrictions are a big contributing factor to 'piracy'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote