View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #31
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doone View Post
You may be on the money there. If you click on the little pink arrow above Android Apps in this tech specs page, the screen on the kobo changes to show you the apps homepage - there is an icon for GetJar Apps right there. But don't blink, you'll miss it.
//www.kobobooks.com/kobovox_tech[/URL]
Yes I see the Icon. I had to refresh the page twice before I saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So can my Nook Color. Vox specs match those of my NC, so there's no point in getting one.

It'll do well in markets that don't have the Color or Fire.
I agree, no reason to dicth my nook for this.

However there are several major differences between the two.
  • Vox is running stock 2.3. //Nook has a home brew running 2.2
  • Vox is Open no hacking required. You can install any app you wish from GetJar and Amazon appstore //Nook is closed.
  • Vox has a different form factor. Many folks complain about the weight of the nook.
Last and most important.
  • Vox has AFFS+* vs. nooks IPS.

*AFFS+ is suppose to be REALLY good in daylight with similar screen quality of IPS.

Since this device is sold as a reading device and not a tablet the screen alone is reason to buy this over the nook and Fire.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 10-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote