View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Something that concerns me are the phrases "fixed layout" and "background image". Trying to get the same layout on different devices, of differing sizes, and with different formats (Kindle mobi & epub)... you might find it impossible to get the results you are looking for in all cases.
I concur. I've noticed that the pagination on my TF300 in landscape is vastly different from that of an iPad in portrait, and neither is quite the same as a Kindle or iRiver device. The result is something like a website designed to be displayed at a specific size; if your screen is too narrow everything gets wrapped onto the next line and the layout breaks.

You might want to try going back to HTML 2- era design with simple tiled background images (if you use them at all) and removing formatting codes that require a specific page width or height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me too View Post
hello all
the android devices can only support .mobi file,i had published my book to amazon ,thanks to all who participated with me in the discussion and feel free if you have any queries ,i am always ready to help
Thank you
Do you mean your device, or all android devices? Cause I can get a shot of an H. P. Lovecraft ePub on FBReader on my tablet, which is running Android. It isn't even rooted. Maybe your device is locked in to one specific app store that can't download a proper ePub reader, but that isn't all devices.

Last edited by teh603; 10-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote