View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 AM   #20
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Show me the contrary evidence that says that nobody committed suicide at the Foxconn factory. Show me the contrary evidence that shows the 10+ hour shifts didn't occur. Show me the unions that protect the workers from the bosses. Show me the company that isn't moving its operations to Taiwan and Vietnam now because of all the bad press.
I think what Hans was trying to say there (style notwithstanding) is that Apple isn't the only one using services of Foxconn and the likes.
If we really want to be concerned about the conditions of workers in China, we should stop buying probably about 80% of consumer electronics right now. Anything else is hypocrisy at the worst, and sensationalism as a best case scenario.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote