Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #400
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
@mzmm,
@DiapDealer,
@eschwartz:

Yes, yes, yes, you are completely right, and I even assumed the result beiing like this. I've got two reasons why I tried it in spite of it:
1. Provided I receive the texts I prepare not as html or even epub, I like to format them in Word or OpenOffice, simply because the possibilities of spellchecking there are, for my taste, generally more comfortable than in Sigil or Calibre. And, having them thus formatted, I convert them to epubs by using Toxaris', resp. Luke's tools, doing the fine-tuning with Sigil or Calibre.

2. (Ahem) At the place I have been this morning, I have no chance to use other programs than word for more refined Regex testing (I suppose you guess why). So I just ... tried it.

And once more, many, many thanks for your advice! Now that I'm at home and with Sigil available, your trick works like a charm! I think this will save me hours and hours of time in the future, for I'm trying to become specialized on German literature of the 19th century.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote