View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I have Kobo Touch from first month they were available enduring many firmware updates that often affect page turns for better or worse. When you touch or tap left or right side to turn page, your finger is blocking Infrared beam of invisible light. A firm or hard press does not affect page turns but might damage screen. Size does not matter as I have touched screen with objects from 3mm to 24mm diameter getting reliable page turns. ...
In theory I think this makes sense, but in practice, I have my doubts.

I just tried tapping (to turn a page) using the flat of my thumb, and it was very unreliable, ~70% success rate; using the tip of my thumb, 100%. To me , the shape of the area looks the same, so it is size related?

I just "pressed hard" with the tip of my pointer finger, and had a very difficult time turning pages, ~20% success rate; A light press, ~100%. Again, I'm assuming this is size related (I tried to do a quick long press and a slower light press to eliminate the time differences).

YMMV.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote