View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by edarksword View Post
Thanks for the responses!

DNSB: I have used both FlightCrew & EpubCheck - no pattern as to type of error that prevents KOBO loading. Epubs that do load have tons of errors too.

I would need more failed Epubs to form a pattern. I built a Windows GUI front end to EpubCheck with an error output to XML. Anyone willing to run it on Epubs they have that failed to load to KOBO? It requires EpubCheck 3.0 to be installed already and .net Framework 3.5 to be installed as well.
I've only run into a couple of books that would not load and in both cases, I opened the epub file, extracted the contents and munged them into a single file with minimal formatting. I then used Sigil to regenerate the .epub file with stylesheet, images, chapter splits, etc.

One of the two files I never did find why it was an unhappy camper, the second had issues with zero length chapter files and garbage lines in the content and toc files.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote