View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Returning the Reader would be overkill.

For transferring books to the Reader, use Calibre. It can also convert to the Reader's native LRF format from a variety of sources. For buying books, I recommend Fictionwise and BooksOnBoard. They both sell books in LIT format, and you can easily remove the DRM from that with ConvertLIT. It's a 5 second process to liberate the LIT and send it to Calibre for conversion to LRF.

In the end, you end up with better looking books because the LRX books from Sony tend to have bad formatting. Because you now are free from DRM, you can use those books on any number of devices, now and in the future.

Also, don't forget the myriad of books available from this site.

I have hundreds of legally purchased books, and I've never been to Sony's store and I basically never use their eBook Library.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote