View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
A one-day delay in the release of an eBook is fine. I'd even be content with a delay of a couple of months. If a publisher wanted to release an eBook at the same time as the paperback, I could be content. What I want is consistency. I already expect the paperback to be issued roughly one year after the hardback.

So, for eBooks, I want the publishers to fill in the earlier volumes in a series, letting me then read from beginning to end. And, I want to know when to expect the next book in the series to be available.

There are very few books that I will buy in hardback -- and when I do, I donate the book to the local public library that has a very small budget. I then write off the purchase price of the book on my taxes. My perspective is that I just happened to be the first patron of the library who read its book -- even though the library didn't yet know it owned the book! I buy a LOT of used paperbacks and I swap paperback books. The publishing industry will certainly make more profits off of *me* by selling eBook editions.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote