Thread: eMonitor
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #27
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmost View Post
Kranu,

I love your effort. It's a great tool to save my eyes burn by the LCD. But I encountered a problem with my DXG.

DXG has free 3G but no wifi. And, you have to turn the wireless on when you start the web browser. In this case, the DXG has two ip addrss, one is 192.168.2.2, and another is the ip gained by the 3G network. In the same way, my pc also got two ips, one is 192.168.2.1, and another is the lan ip.

When your webserver start, it automatically set up on the lan ip address. The result is that the DXG cannot get connection to it. I guess it is because the DXG has not route information from 192.168.0.0 to the LAN ip.

I have tried to stop the lan connnection on my PC, then the python webserver just cannot start up.

I think there are two way to resolve the problems. One is that you set up the webserver on 192.168.2.1 instead of the LAN ip; another is that I modify the routing table of my kindle with usbNetwork. But as a Window user I has no idea how to modify the kindle route table.

Can you help me resolve the problem?
Hi,

The webserver is set up to listen to requests over ALL network connections. The IP Address displayed when you run the program is just to make it easier for people connecting through a router. Since you're using usbNetwork, just use the IP Address that you setup in the config (192.168.2.1)
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote