View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Dizzley
Dizzley began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Thanks for replying Starson17.

It might not be the sup tag. The unwanted effect is a line break after the verse number "11". This is visible when viewing the input HTML file for article_1 from the debug directory in a browser.

Yes, I'm already running it on the command line - good idea. It seems like the first one, or first few verses get picked up and breaks the layout. I suppose it could be the sup tag or the p tag - classed as "calibre9". Today's feed seems to only break the first verse (11) across lines. Verse 12 onwards is fine.

Here's an extract of the feed XML:
Spoiler:
<h5 class="passage-header">The Parable of the Lost Son</h5>&nbsp;<sup class="versenum" id="en-TNIV-25592">11</sup> Jesus continued: <font class='woj'>“There was a man who had two sons.</font> <font class='woj'><sup class="versenum" id="en-TNIV-25593">12</sup> The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.</font> <p />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<font class='woj'><sup class="versenum" id="en-TNIV-25594">13</sup> “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.</font>

The content of the article seems the same in input, parsed and processed HTML. Here's an extract from today's feed's input HTML debug output:
Spoiler:
<h5 class="passage-header">The Parable of the Lost Son</h5>*<sup class="versenum"
id="en-TNIV-25592">11</sup><p> Jesus continued: </p><font class="woj">“There was a man who
had two sons.</font> <font class="woj"><sup class="versenum" id="en-TNIV-25593">12</sup>
The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he
divided his property between them.</font> <p></p>***<font class="woj"><sup
class="versenum" id="en-TNIV-25594">13</sup> “Not long after that, the younger son got
together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild
living.</font>

I notice two changes in the input HTML (in Bold) -
1) there's a new <p> tag near versnum 11, and
2) some <p> tag changes near versenum 13 (which still renders correctly as a new paragraph).

You can check the feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/org/ELCH but it changes daily of course.

I'l begin by looking at the CSS.
I'm somewhat Python savvy so I'm willing to do what it takes.

Last edited by Dizzley; 10-05-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo
Dizzley is offline   Reply With Quote