View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I have looked in the forumn and on the calibre site and haven't been able to find this answer so please forgive me if it has been posted already.

Frequently when there is an issue with something not working right in Calibre we are directed to run from the command line instead of the GUI. How do you do this? The calibre site gives the commands but doesn't say what software you're in to do this. Is it the windows command prompt or something in python or something else? There are plenty examples on mobileread of people doing command line activities but they don't specify how to get started.

Sometime since December my file type plugins have stopped working. I've checked the blog that deals with those and reloaded all the updated plugins but still no luck. In order to get help I need to add a book using the command line but I don't know how.

Could someone please give step by step directions?

Thanks.
Yes! use the Windows Command prompt (or Linux terminal if you do Linux ) Issue the command exactly as Kovid (or other Calibre Guru) says to. Many solutions to problems are not in the manual

MAC Users must do additional steps to install the command- line tools (see the top of help page) http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/cli/cli-index.html
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote