View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Mostly it was how Scalzi talked about how Amazon messed up and the attitude that came across to me. Without visual cues it's very difficult to read tone but the more I read the less I cared for the author. The more I read about MacMillan the more I object to their strong arming the retailers/distributors into what I consider price fixing. Did you know that MacMillan does not allow their ebooks in public libraries? That alone erases doubt that I had that this is simply a ploy to prop up print books.
I think the public library thing is different to here as in the UK you could just buy a book and put it in the library and our libraries accept donations too so that couldn't be an issue here.

Have you read his other posts on the manner and also take into account that he is a professional writer with a blog that is very successful(it in fact was successful way before he was recognised as an author.)

And as someone trying to have a successful blog exagerating and having a strong opinion is what creates hits and links.

he actually generally seems like a pretty good guy and his books are the best I have read since some of the greats, Asimov, Heinlen etc
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote