View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #333
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Template for title with more info on Sony reader PRS-T1.

I don't know if this is right here but after I created this template for me I thought I share but since this is the first time I done a template, I don't know if this is even helpful to anyone but me.

Anyway, I came up with this because I'm reading a lot of fanfiction and wasn't happy with the title info my Sony reader supplied for me. I wanted to see more just by scrolling through my library on my reader. Since Sony gives the option to show the title in one line (with the author smaller beneath) or two lines (without the author) and you can easy switch between that two versions, I thought I try this.

So my goal was a title for lets say the fanfiction story 'Reaction' (by Blind Author) to show on my reader like this:

Reaction (45,438) [Completed] read: Yes

Or a story of a series like 'There But for the Grace of John Watson' (by Skyfullofstars) to show like this:

There But for the Grace of John Watson (114,950) - 001. The Grace of John Watson [Completed] read: No

Necessary custom columns for this are:
{#words} - for the Word Count (in connection with the Count Pages Plugin)
{#status} - displaying Completed or In-Progress for a story
{#read} - a Yes/No column

My custom column I greated for my new title info on my Sony reader is:
Lockup name: title_sony
Column heading: Title Sony
Column type: Column build from other columns
Template: {title} {#words:|(|)} {series_index:0>3s|- |.} {series} {#status:|[|]} {#read:|read: |}

Now go to Preferences in calibre, to Import/Export and the Metadata plugboards and add a new one:
format: device_db
device: PRST1 (or choose: any device)
source template: {#title_sony}
destination field: title

Done!

MiniMouse

Last edited by MiniMouse; 10-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote