View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #49
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Unless of course the book in question is Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged.
I actually consider Atlas Shrugged to be one of my "life-shaping" books. What I got out of it was the message you should strive to be the best you can at whatever you do, and by doing so you will make life better for those around you too. It also encouraged a healthy scepticism of committees, and people who hide behind "consensus" decision-making processes. Stand up and be counted!

Earlier than that, though, in terms of my reading history, were the books of Heinlein - particularly Time Enough for Love and I Will Fear No Evil - and for a long time I kept a notebook of "Heinleinisms", quotations that I found particulary apt or significant.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote