View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Hee! They just added 13 new ones to the 99 cent introductory sale (and for now, the original 10 are still also the same price though perhaps they might be rotating them out).

I just bought the lot. I had a good 5/8 "I liked it enough I would buy future volumes on sale to try"* ratio on the ones I've read so far and the 2 others were "not really my thing, but I'd be willing to look up the rest in the library". Even the marginal 9th which I didn't think I'd like very much, based on an unpromising sample, is shaping up to be an interesting enough read (though unless the slightly annoying setup pays off spectacularly, it's another future library series).

The new batch is somewhat more tilted away from stuff I like, but hopefully I'll still get a good ratio of enjoyability out of the lot.

Otherwise, I'm pleased to support a small press with excellent customer service response which offers good books for sale at very good prices and DRM-free multiple format bundles.

If turns out there's a few genuine duds amongst my new purchases, well, they were cheap and the money went somewhere I consider worthwhile.

* If anyone's interested, I can now add a strong recommend for The Old Buzzard Had It Coming and Four For a Boy overall, and a medium recommend for Artifacts and In the Shadow of the Glacier if something in the blurb plot/setting or the writing sample appeals to you.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
They aren't historical mysteries, but I also really like the Steven F. Havill/Posadas County mysteries, which are (most? all?) Poisoned Pen Press e-books now.
Thanks for the recommend! Happily, these are now one of the new 99 cent intro sale books. I'd have bought it anyway, but it's nice to have the reassurance that they are indeed worth reading.

Last edited by ATDrake; 02-03-2012 at 12:05 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote