View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I voted for The Spy Who Came In From The Cold. One of the less appealing subjects to me is really serious and realistic books about modern warfare and its aftermath, if the main focus is war or the devastation it causes. So I am rooting for the lighter and funner book.
Ah! The Cold War! Good times!

What I'm wondering, if Spy wins, is to what extent it will have made the transition to period novel and to what extent it might just seem dated. I have a hard time reading thrillers, especially, that were current when written but have aged badly.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote