View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbill View Post
I have now given up hope that Sony will supply us with a firmware update to solve the non-justified Epub issue.
It's not an issue it's a feature.

Before I decided to use epub I actually used PRScustomizer to allow LRF ebooks to be left justified. My reasons though are because I use a larger font to avoid reading glasses and hyphenation is not implemented. The lack of hyphenation caused large gaps between words with fully justified text.

I agree with you though at the very least it seems that any ereader should allow the user to select full or left justification. I was surprised that the 300 and 600 didn't have this option, even the jetBook Lite ereaders I just bought for my kids have this option among their limited option set.

I don't see Sony releasing any firmware update to address this in any of their readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
2) With my books, LRF is ~ also more stable than EPUB.
This is interesting one of the reasons I went to ePub is because I had too many problems with LRF being unstable, mostly during pagination but at other times too. Since moving exclusively to ePub spontaneous restarts have been drastically reduced.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-26-2010 at 06:07 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote