View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #114
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think what Sregener said is really interesting, and dead-on.

More specifically, I think USED bookstores are in for a major come-back; but they'll have to carry a lot of inventory, as I believe print books will be largely considered "artifacts" for collecting within a decade or two. If it takes that long.

Now, we LOVE print books. I have about 5,000 of them. But I have a lot more ebooks already and love the convenience of carrying my entire library wherever I go. But I think someday every town and city will have at least one significant used bookstore left, and that those stores will also carry popular "print on demand" (POD) titles as well.

So it will kind of be the best of both worlds. And as POD quality continues to improve, there will eventually be some really beautiful short-run editions put out I think.
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote