View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvdW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvdW View Post
...Is there a way to flag books to transfer when the reader is next connected?

Often, when working in Calibre, I don't have my reader hooked up. When I finish fixing up a book, I'd like to flag it to be copied to the reader when it's next connected....
That sounds a cool idea. A question - when you sync a book to your device in this way, is it the same result as if you were to choose send to device in terms of it applying save template and metabooks? (I've never used news myself).
I don't know since I don't use ,yet, those features myself. Only thing I ever changed/looked at were the settings for the Sony 505 Device Interface plugin.
Maybe Kovid can answer that one.
I figured out the answer and it is all good - there seems to be no difference in terms of where the books end up on your device, metadata applied etc when you make use of this automatic news list sync feature versus a right-click Send to Device.

I wrote the Book Sync plugin implementing this today. Great plugin suggestion, one of those you don't realise how convenient it really is until the idea came up...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote