View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #61
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

updated firmware and other issues

Updated the firmware with no problems.
I had been using 2 GB SD cards, but with the upgrade "supposed" to be handling 4 GB memory sticks, I was excited and didn't want to wait - went to Best Lie which unfortunatly is what we have in my town for what they said they had in stock - an 8GB memory stick pro duo with adapter for $160. Found a 4GB with adapter for $40 on their closeout area. Have 1.5 GB loaded now, no issues, and will try for more tomorrow. Others may want to check their local stores for deals.

I did have a 4gb SD card that did work - not one of the newer HD types - there was a release of non HD (or whatever they are calling the new standard) SD cards that standard SD devices on recent vintage were supposed to be able to use. I did not load more than a couple of gig to it due to the fact that it was meant for one of my cameras and I didn't want to use it in the Sony. Check newegg.com for any memory cards you need. Only once out of perhaps 50 orders have I ever gotten bad service from them.

On the issue of open source - so long as the Kinoma crap is involved, it will not happen. Blame them for the late release and initial issues.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote