Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Special Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The way I look at it, is that someone who is one of the nominators of a book should be prepared to read it and contribute if it wins. If you won't read it, don't nominate it or second or third it. Talk about screwing others, namely those who nominate books they really do want to read!

And that someone who voted for a book in the first round should be pleased if it wins, even if he would have preferred another book. Especially since if it had won in the first round, he'd have had no cause for complaint. Oh, but where's the fun in that?
If a book I had voted for in round one won the vote, then I should read it. But in round one, I voted for both books that ended up in the run off vote. So given that I had voted for both in round one, and given that there can only be one winner, I voted for the book I wanted to read more then the other in the run-off vote.

So if I decide not to read the winning book, that's not a problem because I did not vote for it in the run-off.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote