View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
thames
thames began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am not quite sure you can. The font color can be changed, I know that headings with Calibre has another color, but background color...

I personally fail to see the advantage for it. Another background color on my reader would be terrible to read I think.

Anyway, all programs to create ePub has advantages and also disadvantages. Full control is only possible by manual labor.
Thanks. I take the point about background colour - but I'm merely thinking of using something like light grey to give added emphasis as a way of breaking up the text. Visual appeal is all to students these days, sad to say...if I could show you the text books I used as a student (similar to an ebook) and what they get these days - well, it's all singing - all dancing in comparison.

I also accept the point about writing xhtml by hand - which I can do. However 1/ Jutoh (for example) gives the option (with a colour map) to change text and background - so why does it not feed through to the generated style sheet? 2/ I also need to find a fool-proof way of other Lecturers in my institution to produce epub books - asking them to learn xhtml first is a non-starter. Hence my interest in ecub/Jutoh - OpenOffice (for example) is a non-starter to create epubs as we're married to Microsoft
thames is offline   Reply With Quote